PRESELL LIKE A PRO
Before we begin, we need to first define what preselling is. There are two components to it – art & science. It’s a process of taking your reader and getting them ready to buy. Then sending them to the product sales page to make the purchase. If you do it well, it’s completely invisible.
The gist is that you give your reader some useful information. Then send them to the sales page. In a second we’ll talk about how to do actually it. But before we do, you need to know why it’s so important. Here are a few benefits of preselling:
* Preselling creates trust – Readers who trust you are more likely to click your links. Which obviously means you’ll make more sales.
* Preselling is disarming – When you’re preselling vs. pitching, you’re reader doesn’t feel the need to be guarded. Unguarded reading means they’re not filtering what you say. So your message gets across.
* It creates buying readiness – Your readers are now receiving your message. And in turn, they’re open to other messages, as well. This includes the sales website you send them to! Being open to a sales message is what it means being in a buying mood.
* It increases your sales – They arrive at the product website prepped to buy. With the guard down and trusting your recommendation. This dramatically boosts your sales rate!
* It increases customer satisfaction – Your referral now feels like they decided to buy. Instead of being manipulated into buying. And this leads to greater satisfaction with the product.
* Your profits go up – A satisfied customer doesn’t ask for a refund. Less refunds means more affiliate money stays in your pocket.
The need to presell is clear. You increase your profits. And produce happier customers. It’s a win-win-win!
NOW, HERE’S HOW PRESELLING WORKS:
Now you know whey preselling is critical. So, hopefully you’ve decided to start preselling. So, let’s talk about how to make it work. Remember, there are two components – art and science.
MASTERING THE ART
Effective preselling requires gaining your readers trust in order for them to let down their guard. And the only method of doing this is to give exceptional value to your readers. The art of this is to provide enough information to be of value, but not enough to satiate the hunger. So you send them to the product website with a hunger for more of what the product provides. And since they’re more open, they are more likely to make a purchase.
IT’S ALSO A SCIENCE
You also have to include some very specific things.
One of these key elements is the presentation of the information. You need to know where you’re going before you begin. Your goal is to sell the product you’re promoting. How can providing information accomplish this goal? The first method is to provide enough info to get them started, but not enough to finish. The second way is to provide all the information and let your reader discover how hard it is to actually implement it. In either case, the product you’re referring them to solves the problem for them.
You also have to link to the product you’re promoting discretely. Instead you link directly to the product sales page. That’s because nobody likes to click on affiliate links. But how will you earn affiliate commissions if you don’t use your affiliate link? This is all part of the science of preselling. You use the “covert cookie” strategy.
Next, you want to make sure you’re linking on related words and phrases. Hyperlinked words are clicked more than anything else. And if the words you hyperlink relate, your reader will naturally click them for more information.
This process is not easy – at all! Let’s look at the skills required to pull it off: Awesome content. First of all, you actually have to write great articles and give value to your readers. Which means you need to be both knowledgable on the subject and capable of writing a high-quality article. Strategic writing. First, you have to give good information. And you have to make the content accessible in order to provide value. And somehow also make them want to learn more. Or make the information so overwhelming they realize they can’t do it on their own.
Product selection. Next, you’ve got to pick the right product to presell. If you can manage to get the article written well. Your efforts are completely wasted if you don’t pick a winning product.
Technical skills. One of the keys to this system is using “covert cookies” for the tracking. This is pretty easy – you just make a 1 pixel X 1 pixel image with no border and make the “source” of the image your affiliate link. (Just don’t mess it up. Otherwise, you won’t get credit for your sales.)
Now you know what it takes to be a Presell Pro. Using these techniques will increase your affiliate sales by 500% or more! The important thing is to use these techniques for everything you promote as an affiliate. Please don’t be lazy. The effort it takes is well worth the benefits…